Investing in a construction project is very different than buying a new car or investing in stock. It is more than tile and doors and paint.
You aren’t buying the product or even the labor—you are buying the contractor. Regardless of what colors you choose or how much you plan, your project will satisfy or frustrate you based on whom you have chosen to invest in.
We may not be a good fit for every project, or every client. However, we want you to be successful in establishing a positive relationship with your contractor.
Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind when selecting a contractor:
Do they have a:
- NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry) or HBA (Home Builder\’s Association) Membership?
- Contractor’s License?
- General Liability Insurance (check their certificate of insurance)
- Active Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- A clean record in BBB (search kansascity.bbb.org)
- Attentive are they to your needs and ideas?
- Professional is the person and their proposal?
- Trustworthy do they seem to deliver what you need?
Even if we aren’t a good fit, we know every relationship matters. So, if you have any questions, we would love to help you as you choose the right contractor for you.